Watch the transformation of an MCR - our mid-century ranch

Watch the transformation of an MCR - our mid-century ranch
Built in 1957 as the model home for the development. 1796 sqft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Couple of Modest Proposals




BEFORE

AFTER
---------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE

AFTER


Please excuse the lousy graphics but I am trying to work through a few ideas from NC. The luan panels look totally wonky but I think you can get the gist of what is going on. Since I have closed the studio down I have little outlet for my creative addictions so I dream about what do to with the house. I've never been one to come up with two dozen different ideas for one area but I think this it would be good for me to work through some variables instead of using my usual approach of going with my first good idea. Of course your first good idea is often in fact your best idea - I learned that from my SAT prep classes: go with your first impulse.

All the closing stuff is progressing as far as I know. This whole process is worthy of its own separate blog. I may write a bit about what we have learned about ourselves in the selling-buying process. There doesn't appear to be any smooth way to do the ol' sell a house buy a house switcheroo without carrying two mortgages or having a gap in ownership/residency trick. But I think we have come pretty close.

The most stressful aspect of this thing has been worrying about how the cats are going to handle the transition - the two day drive with four cats in the stay-wag. Another stress point is making sure that my paintings make it down in a safe manner. We may keep a small storage unit up here but at the moment it looks like we may be dragging some mighty big paintings down with us.

Well I hope my two ideas don't seem too silly in their present form. It'll be fun when I can post actual pictures in the future. Oh and remember these aren't our furnishings - these pics are from the real estate listing of the house.
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment