Watch the transformation of an MCR - our mid-century ranch

Watch the transformation of an MCR - our mid-century ranch
Built in 1957 as the model home for the development. 1796 sqft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Idea from a Lotta Living BB Poster


Before we get to the great idea for the den - I won't say this is my 'dream' office but I really like the feel of this space. I was telling K that one day I would like to have a house with a real office in it where the desk faces the door that you enter through so I can sit menacingly at the desk and glower as you come in to grovel to save your job and I can say things like: "I see you've been having trouble with your TPS reports again Clark."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The idea of using pocket doors that slide behind built in bookshelves came from a poster on the Lotta Living BB. I like the idea. We might incorporate a desk into the shelving area on the left where there used to be a bar/dest but is a little curly-cue for our taste. Pocket doors might be an interesting way to do. We are going to have to watch our budget though. This isn't a $750k Eichler home so we can't go mega crazy. Fortunately the kitchen and bathrooms are in good shape. So we may be able to play around a little bit.

We'd like to get our money back or even add some value when we re-sell. I don't want to get caught in the trap of never really 'living' in your home as you constantly plan for re-sale. So we are going to have to walk a fine line I feel. Hope you all like the 1997 technology - kinda looks like a Dire Straits video of sorts.
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment